Lessons, Activities & Printables @ A to Z
Native American Indians Theme at Little Giraffes
Class/student books, math, science, social studies, and art teaching ideas.
Experiment with this Native American storytelling custom.
Great lesson to supplement a Native American teaching unit. Students pretend to be archaeologists to determine what artifact they have found and what its use might have been.
The First Americans Today
Students learn about celebrations, daily activities, values and beliefs
Creating Stories Using Pictographs
Students will be able to demonstrate the Native Americans use of pictographs by creating a clay pot story of their own
Native American Rhymes:
- Native American Rhymes: Native American Alphabet
This ebook includes rhymes about Native American groups for each letter of the alphabet. Each rhyme has simple facts about the group.
- Native American Rhymes: Native American Homes
16 pages. Homes include Teepe, Plank house, Longhouse, Pueblo, Grass house, Pit house, Chickee, Wattle and daub, Wigwam, Igloo, Hogan
- Native American Rhymes: Native American Musical Instruments
Rhymes about Native American musical instruments.
- Native American Rhymes: People and Languages
- Native American Rhymes: The First Americans
- Native American Rhymes: Transportation
Activities @ Other Sites
A Storytelling Festival
This activity encourages students to explore the native cultures of the Americas, to learn some aspects of oral storytelling, and to share their knowledge with others.
This activity uses a cut-and-paste Indian pattern as a base for a symmetry design made from die-cut pattern blocks.
Core Knowledge Lessons and Units
- Indians or Native Americans
- This 11-lesson kindergarten unit integrates math, reading, and writing skills with the Core Knowledge history and geography content for Native Americans.
- The Earliest Americans
- Your third graders will enjoy journeying through ancient America as they learn about civilizations that built their homes in cliffs, buried their treasures in mounds, and whose ancestors live on today in our country, keeping many traditions alive from their past.
- The Earliest Americans Native Americans
- Third grade three-week unit.
- Native Americans across the Curriculum
- Third grade inclusion unit: integrates reading, language, social studies, arts and crafts, career awareness, community involvement, math, science, American Sign Language, and music.
- Music of the People – Native American Music
- This unit on Native American Music is to be taught in conjunction with the third grade classroom study of Southwestern and Northeastern tribes.
- Native American Studies
- 5th grade hands on activities help the students understand tribal lifestyle, which include crafts, games, food, and arts.
- A Guide to North American Indian Culture
- This is a unit for 5th grade on North American Indians and how they lived.
- American Indian Art
- American Indian Art
- Journey An Ecological Discovery of Native American Habitats
- Native American Studies – Past to Present