Resources and lesson plans for a unit on The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Resources @ A to Z
The Very Hungry Kindergartner
Write a book entitled “The Very Hungry Kindergartener” after reading and discussing the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Reinforces writing, phonetics, and counting.
Activities for The Very Hungry Caterpillar @ Little Giraffes
Various fun arts an crafts to go with the book.
- Hungry Caterpillar Writing Practice Page
- Hungry Caterpillar Word Building
- Hungry Caterpillar Nameplates / Desk Tags
- Hungry Caterpillar Cutting Practice
- Hungry Caterpillar Third Grade Sight Words Ring Book
- Hungry Caterpillar Second Grade Sight Words Ring Book
- Hungry Caterpillar First Grade Sight Words Ring Book
Related Resources @ A to Z
Book Caterpillar Classroom Display
Make a caterpillar to display in the classroom or hallway showing each book that has been read. Parents can see the books the kids have been reading!
Butterfly and Caterpillar Theme
Teaching Ideas, Lesson Plans, Printables, and Actiities all with a Butterfly/Caterpillar theme.